There is a little boutique type mall of local shops in my little town that is inside a converted old cotton mill that was built in 1898. Some years later they expanded the structure, and it now also holds the local co-op grocery that my husband and I are members of and shop at frequently. For many years in the early 1900's the mill was the hub of the towns economy and existence, coupled with the railroad. Of course it is no longer the hub of our economy, but rather the local university is.
The mill I sense is quite active spirit wise. Although, to truly decipher whether it is active, residual, or both would take some further investigating.
The photo is of one of the doors inside the original structure. I pass through this portal several times a week on my way to the co-op.
No comments:
Post a Comment